In the spring of last year, I started experimenting with getting far more minimal in my music than usual, trading layers of drones for sparse sounds. Also had some ideas I wanted to play with involving using math to structure long, ever-shifting pieces. Taking those goals and a heaping helping of Brian Eno influence, i started messing with stuff. The result is the following album.
Here’s the opening track. Yes, it’s very, very mellow.
If you liked that, the whole thing is available for download and streaming. See below for links.
The Experiment 4 – The Ambient Orchestra (2020)
- Time Slipping Slow in B (AO07) (25:38)
- The Untitled Shift (AO08) (11:17)
- Movement in G (AO05) (9:03)
- Shifting Keys (AO03) (10:18)
- First Composition (AO02) (15:44)
- Time Slipping in B (AO06) (12:49)
- First Composition – Sparse Version_2 (AO04) (15:42)
NOTES — Slow meditation music, drifting and shifting, with experiments in math. Influenced by the works of Brian Eno. download the full album here or stream it on Bandcamp. Distributed digitally. If you want more, the outtakes are available upon request. Please contact me to request