Kitchen technology has advanced by leaps and bounds in recent times, but most people may not know the variety of cool cooking gadgets available to them. Why, you may ask? People develop routines and habits in their kitchen than anywhere else in their house and seldom try out new stuff.
Well, we’ll do the exploration for you. Check out these cool kitchen gadgets in this post that may prove a game changer upon acquisition.
1. Egg cooker
Breakfast might be the essential meal of the day; however, it mustn’t inconvenience you. The egg cooker rids the fuss out of preparing your eggs. While it may seem a straight-forward thing to make, most of us find it arduous boil eggs perfectly. Or make an omelet to the standards of professionals. Hence the rising popularity of the egg cooker all-round the globe.
What to look out for:
- Cooking types: Some egg cookers only allow for boiling eggs. Others allow you to make omelets and poach eggs.
- The number of eggs: Egg cookers vary in size. The smaller models hold up to six eggs which are usually enough. Check out the capacity of your desired cooker before purchase.
- Timers: Some cooker models let you set a specific time and turn themselves off after the time elapses. Others rely on the water fed into their system to determine when to go off. Choose the model that fits your tastes.
2. Grill Mat
Grill mats may not resonate well with everybody, especially hardcore traditionalist will most likely scorn at them. However, picture barbecuing with hashbrowns and bacon for breakfast!! Or fancy a small shrimp or fresh veggies that would slip through the grates in the absence of the mat. Foods like fish that tend to come to bits on the barbecue are kept in one piece by the grill mat.
How grill mats differ:
- Grill mats vary in size and measure roughly 13-inches wide and 14 to 17 inches in length.
- Grill mats also differ in PTFE coatings.
- Lastly, grill mats differ in thickness with some brands measuring 0.1mm while other come at 0.25 – 0.3 mm thick.
3. Wine opener
When serving a bottle of wine, the manner you set out is as big as what you present. Opening your fine bottle of wine requires a corkscrew. Upon opening the bottle you must give it time to breathe before pouring into your glass, and you must do so at the right temperature. For this reasons, all wine lovers must own a corkscrew.
4. Drain opener
All homeowners must learn a thing or two about drain care as it may save them time and money in the long-run. Neglecting clogged drains is potentially costly as you may require engaging a plumber. Therefore, buy a drain opener and learn how and when to put it to use.
5. Pancake maker
Pancakes are a popular choice for breakfast among many people due to their provision of essential nutrients like fats and sugars.
For you to keep up with food trends, it’s imperative to acquire suitable tools. The proper kitchen equipment can take your meals a notch higher when utilized creatively. Whenever you want to decide which kitchen essentials to add to your repertoire, refer to the above list.